Hydrogen Nitrate (HNO3)
1. Also known as Nitric acid, Hydrogen Nitrate is of the solution:
2. Hydrogen Nitrate is a colorless, yellowish, or red liquid with a strong, suffocating odor. It is not corrosive, however it may give off poisonous oxides as well as acidic fumes.
3. Hydrogen Nitrate is used in the manufacturing of pharmaceuticals, jewelry, and explosives, as well as in metallurgy.
4. This substance is highly toxic and overexposure may result in eye, skin, respiratory irritation, as well as dental erosion and corrosion to the gastrointestinal tract.
5. Straight activated carbon has a low capacity for Hydrogen Nitrate. The use of an appropriate specially impregnated carbon is recommended.