Formic Acid (CH2O2)
1. Also known as Methanoic, Hydrogencarboxylic acid, Formic acid is of the solution:
2. Formic acid is a colorless, corrosive liquid with a pungent, penetrating odor. This substance is produced from bees, wasps, and ants and can act both as an acid as well as an aldehyde.
3. Formic acid is used in textile dyeing, finishing, nickel plating, electroplating, and commercial paint stripper.
4. Exposure to Formic acid may cause irritation to the respiratory tract, skin, liver, kidneys, and death.
5. Straight activated carbon has a limited capacity for Formic acid. The use of an appropriate specially impregnated carbon is recommended.