1. Also known as Diethylene Dioxide, Dioxane is of the solution:
2. Dioxane is a clear, colorless, flammable liquid with a mild ether-like odor. When Dioxane is heated, it releases toxic fumes.
3. Dioxane is used as a solvent for fates, oils, and cellulose acetate. It is also used in the manufacturing of detergents, adhesives, fumigants, and cleaning agents.
4. Acute exposure to Dioxane may result in throat, nose, and skin irritation, as well headache, dizziness, and fatigue. Chronic exposure may cause eczema, dermatitis, and liver/kidney damage.
5. Austin Air filters have a high capacity for this particular substance and will provide a good service adsorbing Dioxane from the environment.