Alkaline Air (NH3)
1. Ammonia, also known as alkaline air and volatile alkali, has the solution of:
2. Ammonia has the appearance of a colorless gas with a sharp/pungent odor.
3. It can be found in household cleaners, wax removers, and glass cleaners. Ammonia is widely used in fertilizers, plastics, explosives, and smelling salts.
4. Ammonia is considered to be a irritant rather than a corrosive hazard in which the vapors can cause severe eye, lung, and skin irritation.
5. The zeolite in the Austin Air filters provide a limited capacity for adsorbing ammonia. Special impregnated carbons provide increased capacity and efficiency for ammonia.