1. Xylene, also known as Dimethylbenzene, is of the solution:
2. Xylene is a colorless, gas with a sweet odor that separates into three forms: ortho-xylene, para-xylene, and meta-xylene.
3. Xylene is one of the top 30 chemicals produced in the United States from petroleum and coal tar.
4. Applications for Xylene are solvent in paints, rubber, leather manufacturing, and as a cleaning agent.
5. Acute exposure to Xylene may cause headaches, dizziness, confusion, nausea, vomiting, and irritation to the stomach.
6. Austin Air filters have a high capacity for this particular substance and will do a sufficient job in adsorbing the Xylene from the environment.