1. There are two varieties of camphor:
Technical grade (93-94%) purity
Pharmaceutical grade (98%) purity
2. Camphor is a colorless/white crystal granule steam distilled from wood of a camphor tree with a pungent odor and taste.
3. Camphor is an active ingredient in products such as lotions, astringents, and insect repellents.
4. Camphor poisoning causes seizures, mental confusion, irritability, and neuromuscular hyperactivity.
5. Austin Air filters have a high capacity for this substance and will do an effective job adsorbing the Camphor in the environment.