1. Also known as Cresylic Acid and Methylphenol, Cresol is of the solution:
2. Cresol is a toxic, brownish liquid with a phenol-like odor.
3. Obtained from coal tar, Cresol is used as a raw material for photographic developers, an intermediate in manufacturing chemicals, dyes, plastics, and antioxidants. This substance is also used in disinfectants and resins.
4. Acute exposure to Cresol may result in skin, eye, and respiratory irritation. Higher levels of exposure and chronic exposure may cause liver/kidney damage and possibly death.
5. Austin Air filters have a high capacity for this particular substance and will provide a good service adsorbing Cresol from the environment.