1. Also known as Nitrotrichloromethane, Chloropicrin is of the solution:
2. Chloropicrin is a poisonous, oily liquid with a sharp, suffocating odor that causes tears.
3. Formed in water by the reaction of chlorine with humic acids, amino acids, and nitrophenols, Chloropicrin is primarily used as a reagent in organic synthesis and in the production of methyl violet. Chloropicrin has also been used by the military as a vomiting gas.
4. Chloropicrin is a powerful irritant that causes lachrymation, vomiting, pulmonary edema, and possibly death.
5. Austin Air filters have a high capacity for this particular substance and will provide a good service adsorbing Chloropicrin from the environment.