Mesityl oxide (C6H10O)
1. Also known as Isobutenyl methyl ketone, Mesityl oxide is of the solution:
2. Mesityl oxide is a clear, pale yellowish or colorless liquid with a strong peppermint odor. It is also flammable and harmful.
3. Obtained from acetones, Mesityl Oxide is used as a solvent in lacquers, paints, and varnishes.
4. Exposure to Mesityl oxide may result in irritation to the nose, throat, skin, and respiratory tract.
5. Austin Air filters have a high capacity for this particular substance and will provide a good service to adsorbing the Mesityl oxide from the environment.