2 - Isopropoxy Propane (C6H14O)
1. Also known as 2 – Isopropoxy propane, Isopropyl Ether is of the solution:
2. Isopropyl Ether is a clear, colorless, flammable liquid with a sharp, sweet, ether-like odor. Vapor can readily explode when mixed with air.
3. Primary application for Isopropyl Ether is a solvent in pharmaceutical and fine chemical manufacturing. This substance is also an excellent solvent for animal, vegetable, mineral oils, fats, waxes, and some natural resin.
4. Long and short term exposure to Isopropyl Ether can cause headache, difficulty breathing, nausea, respiratory irritation, and central nervous system depression.
5. Austin Air filters have a high capacity for this particular substance and will provide a good service adsorbing the Isopropyl Ether from the environment.