1. Also known as Hexahydrobenzene, Cyclohexane is of the solution:
2. Cyclohexane is a clear, colorless liquid with a mild, sweet odor much like benzene. It is high flammable and can produce toxic vapors when heated.
3. Cyclohexane is used mainly as a paint and varnish remover, but it is also used as a solvent to dissolve fats, oils, waxes, and synthetic rubbers. This substance is also used as an extractant of essential oils in perfume.
4. Acute exposure to Cyclohexane may cause irritation to the mucous membranes while higher concentrations may cause narcosis, nausea, dizziness, and fatigue.
5. Austin Air filters have a high capacity for this particular substance and will provide a good service adsorbing Cyclohexane from the environment.