Freon 12 (CCl2F2)
1. Also known as Refrigerant 12 and Freon 12, Dichlorodifluoromethane is of the solution:
2. Dichlorodifluoromethane is a nonflammable, colorless gas with an ether-like odor. It is usually pressurized and used in liquid form.
3. Some common applications that Dichlorodifluoromethane is used for are: as a foaming agent in fire extinguishing aerosols, as a water, cooper, and aluminum purifier, as a fluid for heat pumps and in the organic synthesis of freons and resins.
4. Acute exposure to Dichlorodifluoromethane by inhalation can cause dizziness, headache, fatigue, and trembling. Higher levels of concentration can lead to narcosis, cardiac arrhythmias, and asphyxiation.
5. Austin Air filters have a satisfactory capacity for this particular substance and will provide an effective service adsorbing Dichlorodifluoromethane from the environment.