Hydroselenic Acid (H2Se)
1. Also known as Selenium hydride and hydroselenic acid, Hydrogen Selenide is of the solution:
2. Hydrogen Selenide is a colorless, highly flammable, toxic gas with a strong unpleasant odor.
3. This substance is formed by reaction of acids or water with metal selenides and has no reported commercial applications.
4. Acute exposure by inhaling Hydrogen Selenide may cause headache, difficulty breathing, lung congestion, and nausea. Chronic exposure may lead to liver, red blood cell damage, and even death.
5. Straight activated carbon has a limited capacity for Hydrogen Selenide. The use of an appropriate specially impregnated carbon is recommended.